Stars
The idea was stolen from a text message someone sent to me a few weeks back.
"Beautiful, isn't it?"
"Yes. Thank you for inviting me out to look at the stars..."
"You're the only one I know who can appreciate such a simple thing."
"Not simple. More like a beautiful and perfect creation. Those who can't appreciate it are unlucky fools who don't know what they're missing."
"Perfect. You mean there's nothing you don't like about them?"
"Well, there is one thing."
"What is it?"
"The stars are always there at night. I always see them, I always admire their beauty, and I often tell them my wishes and dreams."
"That's a bit sentimental, but I don't see the problem."
"The problem is no matter how much I look, whenever I stretch out to try and touch them, I can't reach them."
"So how do you know that they're perfect?"
"From where I stand, they are and I don't think that perception of mine will ever change, because I've always watched them even from afar."
"You sound like you've fallen in love with a star."
"Yeah, maybe I have."
The night sky was clear, so all the stars came out to play. The moon wasn't full, either, so the billions of twinkling lights were free to own the dark sky. It was the perfect night to watch the stars.
"Beautiful, isn't it?"
"Yes. Thank you for inviting me out to look at the stars..."
"You're the only one I know who can appreciate such a simple thing."
"Not simple. More like a beautiful and perfect creation. Those who can't appreciate it are unlucky fools who don't know what they're missing."
"Perfect. You mean there's nothing you don't like about them?"
"Well, there is one thing."
"What is it?"
"The stars are always there at night. I always see them, I always admire their beauty, and I often tell them my wishes and dreams."
"That's a bit sentimental, but I don't see the problem."
"The problem is no matter how much I look, whenever I stretch out to try and touch them, I can't reach them."
"So how do you know that they're perfect?"
"From where I stand, they are and I don't think that perception of mine will ever change, because I've always watched them even from afar."
"You sound like you've fallen in love with a star."
"Yeah, maybe I have."
The night sky was clear, so all the stars came out to play. The moon wasn't full, either, so the billions of twinkling lights were free to own the dark sky. It was the perfect night to watch the stars.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home