Poem: Chasing Chances
Picture was taken by PdLR on the road from Banaue to Bontoc.
All I saw was a shadow of what we used to be
An outline of the perfect picture that was you and me
I always wanted to reach you, but I had no strength to try
And opportunity slipped away to leave me asking, "Why?"
Cause I was chasing chances, trying hard to turn back time
Running after wasted hours, trying hard to press "rewind"
And now that I think about it, what I did just made no sense
Because chasing our shadow, is just like chasing chance
All I saw was a shadow of what we used to beAn outline of the perfect picture that was you and me
I always wanted to reach you, but I had no strength to try
And opportunity slipped away to leave me asking, "Why?"
Cause I was chasing chances, trying hard to turn back time
Running after wasted hours, trying hard to press "rewind"
And now that I think about it, what I did just made no sense
Because chasing our shadow, is just like chasing chance

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home